[News] OpenSUSE 10.3 Reached Release Candidate Stage, Flock Approaches 1.0

  • Subject: [News] OpenSUSE 10.3 Reached Release Candidate Stage, Flock Approaches 1.0
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 19:34:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Announcing openSUSE 10.3 RC1

,----[ Quote ]
| Technical Changes
|
|     * libzypp 3.24
|     * Virtualbox 1.5
|     * OpenOffice.org 2.3
|     * Countless bug fixes in every component: 535 bugs RESOLVED/FIXED
|     * 485 packages submitted
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=305

Flock 1.0 Coming Fall 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| When Flock 0.9 launched it was a pretty big overhaul, and now their next big
| milestone is Flock 1.0 which currently has a vague release date of Fall 2007.
| Honestly this is the dream browser for any heavy social network user out
| there, and hopefully they’ll pursue more of the less tech savvy people who
| use MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube because I can guarantee that they would
| absolutely love it.
`----

http://cybernetnews.com/2007/09/18/flock-10-coming-fall-2007/

Related:

openSUSE 10.3 Beta 1 Live CDs

,----[ Quote ]
| Stephan Kulow has created and uploaded Live CDs of the 1-CD installations for
| your pleasure: GNOME Live ISO, KDE Live ISO.
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=132

Interview with Stephan Kulow, openSUSE Project Manager

,----[ Quote ]
| Since 1997 I have been working on the KDE project, mainly hacking libraries
| and doing release coordination. The Linux community was still pretty small
| back then, so while doing KDE releases I had good contacts with quite a few
| Linux distributions. In the summer of 1999 I was looking for a job I could do
| for two months as my girlfriend went on a long-planned US trip. Caldera had
| just introduced a graphical installer programmed using Qt and it was a very
| fascinating time helping to do a second version.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070813#feature

Sneak Peeks at openSUSE 10.3: Greatly Improved Boot Time

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=104

openSUSE 10.3 Beta 1 Live CDs

,----[ Quote ]
| Stephan Kulow has created and uploaded Live CDs of the 1-CD installations for
| your pleasure: GNOME Live ISO, KDE Live ISO.
`----

http://news.opensuse.org/?p=132

People of openSUSE: Stephan Kulow

,----[ Quote ]