[News] Linux and Free Software Bring VoIP to Africa

  • Subject: [News] Linux and Free Software Bring VoIP to Africa
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:17:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Digium Takes Best of Open Source Software Award

| Bossie judges singled out Digium for being the “most mature and scalable” IP
| PBX currently available.
`----

http://www.voip-news.com/blog/20070918/digium-takes-best-of-open-source-software-award/

Open source could open doors for VoIP in Africa

,----[ Quote ]
| But he points out that on the customer end, solutions that fully enable VoIP
| might still be out of reach. "This is where open source comes into play,"
| explains Hayward.
`----

http://dataweek.co.za/article.aspx?pklArticleId=4768&pklCategoryId=42

Related:

Linux dominating VoIP devices?

,----[ Quote ]
| Trolltech says its development framework and software stack for mobile
| devices was selected by Skype as the preferred platform for Skype-certified
| VoIP (voice-over-IP) phones. Additionally, the Qtopia framework/stack has
| been used in about 40 VoIP devices, making it the "dominant Linux
| development platform for VoIP/WiFi devices," according to Trolltech.

Open source VOIP connects to business

| Nearly three years since Jon "maddog" Hall predicted that "VOIP using
| an open source solution, such as Asterisk, will generate more business
| than the entire Linux marketplace today," open source VOIP for the
| enterprise remains a wild frontier.
`----

http://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/index.php/id;822679902;fp;2;fpid;2

Open-Source VOIP Made Easy

,----[ Quote ]
| Review: AsteriskNow GUI lowers barriers to entry and eases the
| transition from testing to deployment.

Replacing your legacy phone system with Trixbox

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxforums.org/applications/replacing_your_legacy_phone_system_with_trixbox.html