Re: [News] Reasons to Use Mozilla Firefox (and How Windows Monopoly is Abused)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:09:09 +0100
<17023239.VMj5QGXQhG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> IE VS Firefox - Top 10 Reasons to Drop Internet Explorer

> | Most people don't consider how much their web browser affects them.  Turn on
> | your Windows PC, there's IE already installed, and presto - IE is now your
> | browser.  Microsoft may be one of those companies that everyone loves to
> | hate, but humor me for just a second and consider this.  How often do you
> | call a friend or family member because your computer has become a total mess?
> | Do you notice over time that your computer slows to a crawl?  Have you ever
> | had your browser hijacked, funneling you into a stream of obscene images
> | and/or advertisements?  Do you think it is coincidence that these problems
> | largely only affect those using Microsoft's Internet Explorer?  NO!
> `----
>
> http://www.bristleconeweb.com/blog/ie-vs-firefox-top-10-reasons-to-drop-internet-explorer.html

After a bit of boiling down...

1. Nonstandard.
2. Not secure.
3. Slow to upgrade.
4. Ripped off features from Firefox.
5. *WRONG* - there are plugins for IE.  (Can't say I know
of any specifically, and of course they're different from
Firefox's batch o' plugins.  However, another webpage
showed an example of IE festooned with the silly things.)
6. IE directs you to MSN Live, no flexibility.
7. Indirect costs for IE because of standards incompatibilities.
8. Slow.
9. Not open source.
10. Not cool.

Well, 9 out of 10 isn't too bad. ;-)

> Related:
>
> Top 10 Reasons Firefox "Owns" Internet Explorer
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | After two weeks of using Firefox, Microsoft will have a tough time getting me
> | to ever switch back to Internet Explorer.
> `----
>
> http://www.miguelcarrasco.net/miguelcarrasco/2007/08/top-10-reasons-.html

That probably should be phrased something like:

  After a user uses Firefox for two weeks, Microsoft will have a tough
  time convincing him to ever switch back to IE.

:-)

(Ah, English.)

[rest snipped]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
If your CPU can't stand the heat, get another fan.