[News] Attendance in Linux Conference Grows Sharply, Charitable Element Included

  • Subject: [News] Attendance in Linux Conference Grows Sharply, Charitable Element Included
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:53:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux conference helps the needy.

N2Net Community Outreach at Linuxfest

,----[ Quote ]
| N2Net will be sponsoring a canned food drive to benefit the Salvation Army of
| Columbus, Ohio at the Ohio Linuxfest on Saturday September, 29th 2007. The
| Ohio Linuxfest is the largest community focused conference for Linux and Open
| Source in the midwest. With over 1,500 attendees and its focus on community,
|                             ^^^^^^^^^^
| the conference provides a unique opportunity for IT professionals, software
| developers, students and solution providers to meet.
`----

http://www.n2net.net/NewsDetail.asp?NewsId=16

Related:

Ohio LinuxFest 2006: Plans, presentations, and penguins

,----[ Quote ]
| Attendance at Ohio LinuxFest has grown steadily, with last year's
| numbers topping out at over 750. "We hope to attract more than 1,000
|                             ^^^                                ^^^^^
| attendees this year, which we believe is achievable, given the feedback
| we received in 2005," says head organizer Mike Meffie. In fact, interest
| in the conference is so strong that the block of 100 hotel rooms reserved
| at the Holiday Inn City Center has already sold out, so the organizers
| have arranged for additional rooms at the nearby Midwest Hotel &
| Conference Center.
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/09/08/1432229

Ohio LinuxFest 2007 Schedule Announced

,----[ Quote ]
| Ohio Linux Fest will be held on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at the Greater
| Columbus Convention Center.
`----

http://www.ohiolinux.org/ohio-linuxfest-2007-schedule-announced.html

Ohio will host a Linux conference:

http://www.ohiolinux.org/

Unix maintenance costs spur Ohio EPA's Linux adoption

,----[ Quote ]
| Penguins in Ohio
|
| So it was with the aim of saving money that Holler forged a
| testing and development relationship with Red Hat Inc. in 2003.
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1234194,00.html
http://tinyurl.com/y7clmp

Stow-Munroe Falls for Koha ZOOM

,----[ Quote ]
| LibLime announced today that the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library
| in Stow Ohio, USA has just gone live with Koha ZOOM.
|
| [...]
|

| "Koha is a full-featured ILS that has plenty of flexibility since it's
| built on L.A.M.P. (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Perl/PHP), the same
| platform used by many commercial web sites such as Yahoo!," says
| Darrell Ulm, systems administrator for Stow-Munroe Falls.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/9465.html

Ohio Linuxfest A Success!

,----[ Quote ]