Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Leans in Journalists for Positive OOXML Coverage in Press

____/ [H]omer on Monday 17 September 2007 16:36 : \____

>> Microsoft has resorted to pressuring journalists now, as well...
>>
>> Linux and Windows interoperability with OpenXML
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Now, credit where credit is due, this story didn’t come to us from our own
>> | keen thought processes. Rather, Microsoft expressed disappointment at our
>> |                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> | views and said “a better story” would have been the positive benefits
>> | OpenXML ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> | can bring the interoperability between different operating systems, aka
>> | Windows and Linux.
>> `----
>
> IOW - you can have any opinion you want, as long as it's ours.
>
> Great. So now, not only are people not supposed to have the freedom to
> choose a truly open document format autonomous from Microsoft, but now
> they're not even supposed to be allowed to think for themselves either.
>
> Resistance is futile.

I think the main issue here is that they keep playing with journalists as
though they are puppets. I find it highly disturbing. Novell and SCO tried
similar tricks to bend blog items (e.g. Dana B and Matt A)... of course, I was
there to give them bad publicity for playing these tricks.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Othello for Win32/Linux: http://othellomaster.com
 22:00:02 up 7 days, 20:06,  2 users,  load average: 1.44, 1.77, 2.25