Re: [SOT] Meet my new dekstop

____/ ml2mst on Monday 17 September 2007 13:52 : \____

> I've been playing around with a program called Istanbul, which is a
> (desktop) session recording program (available for free and Free, from
> most GNU/Linux distribution's repositories) and here is the result, a
> short video in Ogg-Tehora format.
>
> Due to the lack of (hardware) resources, many of the frames
> unfortunately have been skipped.
>
> Anyway it shows what my desktop currently looks like and shows the
> concept of multiple desktop spaces, providing the ability of running
> multiple applications full screen simultaneously.
>
> As you can see, the desktop is (30%) transparent, using the Beryl
> manager and Emerald theme manager.
>
> http://osgeex.blogspot.com/2007/09/meet-my-desktop.html
>
> Still think GNU/Linux is a out of date, sluggish HobbyOS eh?

Very cool. I like the dark KDE theme. It's the same over here (and used to be
the same on my Windows 98 laptop, when I still had some taste of Windows and
before it became toyish (XP themes)).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
Tasks: 104 total,   3 running, 101 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie