[News] New Zealand Speaks for Open Source and Against Government Closing Its Public-funded IP

  • Subject: [News] New Zealand Speaks for Open Source and Against Government Closing Its Public-funded IP
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:14:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Forum: Revisiting our national IP opportunity

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week I noticed that a commentor on the New Zealand Open Source Society
| took issue with the suggestion “GrAnt05s” (sometimes I could hate the
| internet) argues that while my idea may have some immediate appeal “it is
| likely to have some serious unintended consequences”.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/news/E999B03CF115905ACC257356000AEFD3

Related:

Queensland govt readies open source analytics

,----[ Quote ]
| "Open sourcing Facilitator has been a good result and the code
| from Sourceforge has kept it going," Eisner said. "Open source
| will allow much easier collaboration. Then it would continue on
| and not just disappear. The risk of not open sourcing it is that
| it just dies - so it's a way of keeping it going."
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1787365250&rid=-50

Govt open source survey finds hidden uptake

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1448439476;fp;2;fpid;1