[News] New Stories on Patent Abuse and Remedies

  • Subject: [News] New Stories on Patent Abuse and Remedies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:49:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft, Verizon, AT&T, Spring, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, Viacom, Real,
Napster... ....Samsung, LG, Motorola, Nokia, Sandisk sued

,----[ Quote ]
| A company sued a heap of companies for allegedly infringing patents that
| cover music management systems.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft, for example, is alleged to have used this technology not only in
| Zune, but in WMP for Windows, Vista and the Xbox 360.

What a messed up system.

Qualcomm import ban banned

,----[ Quote ]
| Only AT&T, T-Mobile USA, Motorola, Samsung, LG, Kyocera and Sanyo Fisher will
| be allowed to ignore the ban.

Patenting The Co-Ed Code

,----[ Quote ]
| These days, women’s patents are more likely to involve computer software, a
| field in which women hold more patents than any other tech category (see
| chart above), but women still bring a different perspective to the table.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/13/women-patents-study-tech-science-cz_cm_0913techwomen.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/2s3qjg

Great. Software patents. Maths.