Re: [News] OpenOffice.org is Rising, Gets the Blessing of the ODF Alliance

____/ BearItAll on Thursday 13 September 2007 09:35 : \____

http://biz.yahoo.com/sunblog/070911/more_momentum_behind_openoffice_id.html?.v=2

> I have been pleasently surprised to see OpenOffice turning up in unexpected
> places.
>
> A fellow IT'er who I have had many a chew-the-cud and augument sessions
> with, because he is 100% Windows (it's all tongue in cheek arguing). But he
> sent me something in 'ods' format. When I asked he said he had loaded
> OpenOffice quite some time ago, but normally saved the file as a Word
> document, partticularly if he was sending it to me, just this time he had
> forgotten.
>
> I saw OpenOffice on a Vista PC, I had no idea that there was a Vista
> version. Actually I just had a look at the site for my beloved StarOffice
> (my friend for many years now, me and StarOffice are like a married couple
> ... ok, yes I did fill this in, but I know you each have your own so I
> deleted it and will let you use your own quip). Anyway, StarOffice is
> available for Vista too.

It's funny that compatibility issues in Vista made it something to be referred
to as though it's no longer Windows, when in fact it's more like XP in a gown,
with fewer applications and some driver headaches).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | One, Two, Free Open Source Software (FOSS)
 14:05:01 up 3 days, 12:11,  3 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.36, 0.61