[News] 3 New 'Features' That Linux Does Not Have

  • Subject: [News] 3 New 'Features' That Linux Does Not Have
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 12:38:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Trojans besiege online gamers

,----[ Quote ]
| Virus writers at first used classic key loggers to steal passwords for online
| games, a tactic that can be traced back to 1997.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/11/online_games_hacking_trends/

Malware makers target security sites

,----[ Quote ]
| The big idea is that if they can take the sites down for a couple of weeks,
| chances are their malware will be safely installed because no one will have a
| clue how to remove it.

Security maven: QuickTime flaw threatens PCs, Macs

,----[ Quote ]
| The researcher, Petko D. Petkov, on Wednesday posted proof-of-concept code
| that shows how the exploit can be used to run privileged code on an unwitting
| user's machine.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/12/quicktime_vulnerability_attacks_firefox/

Related:

How secure are Linux, Window and Mac OS?

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall it looks like the Linux kernel turns out to be the most
| secure system. Not only does it have virtually no security holes
| that lead to system access, it's also very resilient to remote
| attacks, two areas where both Windows and Mac OS X aren't doing
| very well.
`----

http://www.masuran.org/node/29

Linux more secure than Windows, national survey shows

,----[ Quote ]
| In its first annual Security Issues Survey for the debut of the Software
| Security Summit conference in La Jolla, California, BZ Research polled
| 6,344 software development managers about the security of different popular
| enterprise operating environments and Linux and open source consistently
| topped Microsoft Windows, according to respondents.
`----

http://www.xomba.com/linux_more_secure_than_windows_national_survey_shows

Why Windows is less secure than Linux

,----[ Quote ]