[News] Open Source and Linux Advocacy in the Open Solutions Alliance

  • Subject: [News] Open Source and Linux Advocacy in the Open Solutions Alliance
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 04:37:55 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source Alliance's Barry Klawans: In the Vendors' Corner

| Question: With all the other Linux and open source advocacy groups already in
| existence, why launch the OSA?
|
| Answer: We looked around at the other consortiums out there; we didn't want
| to create another foundation just because we thought it was fun. But they
| were all aimed at advocating for Linux or infrastructure [tools].

More open source news:

Vigilar Releases Open Source VoIP Hopper Tool

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,174580.shtml

CCHIT takes open source route to interoperability testing

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/story.cms?id=7766

Sun's Solaris 10 Advances Virtualization and Network Performance, Incorporates
Open Source PostgreSQL Database

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/prnewswire/AQTU12611092007-1.htm