[News] Fedora's Success Underestimated, Red Hat Grows in the Middle East

  • Subject: [News] Fedora's Success Underestimated, Red Hat Grows in the Middle East
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 00:48:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Max Spevack: I promise I'm not trying to start a flame war

,----[ Quote ]
| The simple fact is that there was a time when Red Hat had lost its way with
| regard to Fedora and the community. This is undisputed. Over the last few
| years, I would say that the *primary* thing that the folks who are in
| leadership positions within Fedora have done is work to overcome and repair
| the mistakes of the past.
`----

http://spevack.livejournal.com/26654.html

Migrating From Windows To Fedora Core Linux : The Journey Begins

,----[ Quote ]
| I have always been a fan of the Linux community and always wanted to make
| Linux as my main Desktop OS , but things like Visual Studio .NET stopped that
| from happening. For 3 years I have been administrating Linux based servers as
| part of my job responsibility of being a Senior Web Developer, who doesnt
| really like to be dependent on sys admins , who take their time to even carry
| out simplest of operations. I always liked the stability and robustness of
| these servers and always wanted to have something similar on my
| desktop. ‘Boot and Forget’ has been something of a dream with Microsoft
| Windows. But on the other hand I was so used to the Windows desktop that i
| was afraid to move an inch , as I thought it would effect my performance.
| Here is the story of how I finally had the courage to make the leap.
`----

http://www.decodephp.com/2007/09/12/migrating-from-windows-to-fedora-core-linux-the-journey-begins/

Red hat launches red hat certified support centre in cooperation with opennet
in the middle east

,----[ Quote ]
| “Linux and open source software adoption is accelerating in developing
| markets such as the Middle East and local-language support is vital," said
| Werner Knoblich, vice president and general manager of EMEA at Red Hat.
`----

http://www.albawaba.com/en/countries/UAE/216853

Related:

The Market for Servers in Europe Is Hot

,----[ Quote ]
| Across the EMEA region, Linux is still being adopted at an
| increasing rate, with sales of Linux-based servers rising by
| 42 percent in the first quarter...

http://www.itjungle.com/tfh/tfh060407-story03.html