Re: Ubuntu Autopreviewing .MP3's

  • Subject: Re: Ubuntu Autopreviewing .MP3's
  • From: Nomen Nescio <nobody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:40:23 +0200 (CEST)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tim Smith wrote:

> In article <1218062.m9IdtGTYQt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > There again goes Hadron Quarks claim of "easy to allocate a
> > > non-fragmented swap file". Which would be quite a bit larger than
> > > 256meg
> >
> > What else would you expect from Tim "filesystem expert", "weekly
> > stats analyst", "Funkenbush protege" Smith?
>
> It doesn't take a filesystem expert to figure out that you were wrong
> about Linux filesystems.  It just takes using the "filefrag" command.
>
> Or it just takes paying attention.  Peter has pointed out many times
> that fragmentation is a problem when you try to create large files.

No, dummy, file fragmentation isn't a problem when creating large files,
small files, huge files, or any other type of files. Period.

I know that to a Wintard that's a real splinter under the thumbnail
because Winblows becomes basically unusable in short order if you
don't piss away a couple hours every week fixing up its file system,
and Linux boxes run for years straight without so much as a slowdown,
but that's just the way your pathetic Wintard life is. Get use to it
dummy, because Pimp Daddy Gates and the incompetent gits he hires
couldn't fix this glaring deficiency even if they wanted to.

Must truly suck to be you. *snicker*