[News] Tips for Making GNOME an Attractive Desktop

  • Subject: [News] Tips for Making GNOME an Attractive Desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:20:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
12 Tips for GNOME Users

,----[ Quote ]
| As a desktop, GNOME is standard enough that most computer users can feel
| comfortable within ten minutes of first using it. Yet what always puzzles me
| is how often people fail to explore it beyond the basics. Possibly, they're
| conditioned by Windows, which allows relatively limited customization. But,
| whatever the reason, too often they stoically endure what they could fix if
| only they could find their way around.
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3698896

Related:

Two New Compiz Fusion Plugins: Screensaver and Aquarium

,----[ Quote ]
| Here is a quick screencast demonstrating the two newest plugins for Compiz
| Fusion: Screensaver and Atlantis Cube.
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmz9a9pJR_s&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsmspillaz.wordpress.com%2F

They say I need Windows Vista or better, so I got Linux.

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1xvSpDMr2w