Re: [News] Migration of a State of 32,000,000 to Linux is on Track

> IT practical tests on ?open? platform
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The IT@School project of the State Education Department has developed an
>| operating system based on the Linux version Ubuntu. Called IT@School GNU
>| Linux Version 3.0, it was distributed to 2,832 high schools ? over a thousand
>| of them government schools, the rest aided and unaided ones.
> `----
>
> http://www.hindu.com/2007/09/07/stories/2007090755131600.htm

This could well be one of the largest ever migrations.  It'll be
interesting to watch.  Up until recently, we had all the trolls and
shills attacking and criticising these migrations - this does seem to
have stopped now.  Presumably the writing is clearly on the wall.