[News] Sprint Acknowledges Presence of Linux and Offers Support; RadeonHD ATI Driver Makes Progress

  • Subject: [News] Sprint Acknowledges Presence of Linux and Offers Support; RadeonHD ATI Driver Makes Progress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 02:53:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Sprint Offers USB Mobile Broadband Modem with Linux Support

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/mobile/12405/sprint-offers-usb-mobile-broadband-modem-linux-support
http://tinyurl.com/3acrev

The Progress Of The RadeonHD Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| The key Novell developers include Matthias Hopf, Luc Verhaegen, and Egbert
| Eich. Stefan Dirsch, who maintains the fglrx driver packaging scripts for
| SuSE, also has contributed to the xf86-video-radeonhd driver.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=863&num=1

Related:

A new road for AMD and ATI

,----[ Quote ]
| Back at the Red Hat Summit, Henri Richard said that AMD (and the former ATI)
| were going to come up with a plan to better support open source. Today we see
| the results of that promise and I have to say I’m incredibly impressed with
| the commitment that they have decided to make.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=302

AMD 8.41 Display Driver Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Whether you are using a Radeon X300 purchased a few years ago or the Radeon
| X1950PRO, the 8.41 driver is noticeably faster. How much faster? In many
| cases it is about 50% faster while in some configurations it may go as high
| as 90% or more. In fact, in some benchmarks the Mobility Radeon X300 was over
| 10x faster!
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=821&num=1

Free ATI drivers for Christmas?