Re: Microsoft caught red handed astroturfing (again)

Mark Kent wrote:
Roy Schestowitz espoused:
High Plains Thumper on Saturday:
Doug Mentohl wrote:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070211151916/http://www.cio.com/
archive/040106/opensource.html?page=1

Yes, unfortunately dirty politics seems to be more important than
fair and reasonable.  It is not the first time something like this
has happened.

Nobody will forget what happened in Massachusetts, the home of Free
software. We have it all very well recorded. Microsoft corruption at
its best.

Well, we had people like Erik F and Billwg here arguing for years in denial of the illegal actions which Microsoft used against, for example, DRDOS, but in the end, the truth came out, and was published. In this case, we have the history so well documented at the time that it will be impossible for a new generation of deniers to be paid to do this with anything remotely resembling even a minor hint of credibility in the future.

Simply amazing ....

I think it is interesting how the truth has been coming out on the dirty dealings, anticompetitive acts to maintain the near monopoly. With court documents in hand, it is very easy to refute the weightless arguments of Erik F and Billwg. They have tried to damage the credibility of advocates with their baseless arguments but to no avail. The truth always prevails.

Latest rumblings with the EU has even exposed actions of the near monopoly. Imagine, 12,000 pages of documents to document a network protocol system. I rejoice that they were called on it.

[OT] In reality, I think one would be better off abandoning CFS/SMB and going to something more open and straight forward. I play devils' advocate and perhaps it is not, but could there be Halloween code in the desktop OS', to prevent such from happening successfully? The corporation's creditability or lack thereof does not help in defence against such.

Even the baseless lightweight Ms. Polly Ester,

AKA Professor Dungby, Ofc. Michael Clayton, 1st Lt Jean Poole, SgtMajor Gansevoort, Sgt. Wannacker, Professor Dungby, Lt. Stardust, Cpl. Kronk, Captain Commando, Colonel Ichabod Conk, Capt. Morgan, Dr. Disco, Dr. Fafoofnik, Nedd Ludd, Dr. McGillicudy, Dr. Livingston, Mr. X, Dr. Hurt, Dr. Seymour Butts, Capt. James Pike, Dr Gang Green, Dr. Smooth, High Priest O'Murphy, Dr. Hungwell, Dr. Shlongwell, Dr. Shlongwell (aka your Boss), Dr. Zhivago, Dr. Feelgood, rafael (note the nym-thief couldn't even leave poor Rafael alone), Dr. GroundAxe, Dr. Pain, Lintard Luser and Sir Michael Clayton

posted a new blog with advocates as trolls, but it is of no avail. The troll has already discredited she/he/it by continuous nymshifting and derogatory trollspeak. The person really needs to get a life. Does she/he/it think she/he/it is doing Microsoft a favour by posting such gobshite?

Microsoft might have to try to compete on merit.  Now wouldn't that be a
thing?

The concept seems frightening, doesn't it.   :-)

--
HPT