Re: [News] Linux Boots in Just 5 Seconds on ASUS Mobo

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 29 September 2007 08:56 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 28 September 2007 22:20 : \____
>>
>>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> I'm sure.
>>
>> I'm not sure about the BIOS (Intel are not *that* hostile towards Linux),
>> but the MBR issue still stands. Fortunately, with goodbye-microsoft.com
>> (Debian) and Wubi, among other Live CD installers, bootloaders are a
>> no-brainer, provided you do not install or reinctall Windows /after/ Linux
>> gets installed.
>
> Motherboard manufacturers can see as well as OEMs that Windows just
> isn't selling very well.  They are not going to close down their
> options.

All PCs need to be Linux-ready as well (and at the very least).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Cpu(s): 27.0%us,  4.9%sy,  1.0%ni, 61.9%id,  4.7%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.2%si,  0.0%st