Re: [News] Analyst Dennis Byron 'Blames' Red Hat's Success on Politics

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 29 September 2007 09:12 : \____

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I was sorry to see Red Hat step into the government-sponsored
>> | issue, seeming to be happy about government mandates worldwide
>> | that preclude competitors.
> [...]
>> Never mind what Microsoft does and have done for over a decade...
>
> It's gross hypocrisy, in a similar vein to Microsoft's "complaint" about
> the Google/DoubleClick deal.
>
> So in the author's opinion, Microsoft has a right to create and maintain
> a monopoly which "precludes competitors", but we don't subsequently have
> the right to redress that imbalance?
>
> I especially like how he generalises using the plural "competitors", as
> though he were talking about a threat to /all/ businesses;  rather than
> just one greedy, reprehensible company. He's not biased at all, is he?
>
> Isn't it amusing how criminals and their supporter cry "injustice" when
> they're finally caught and punished?

Dennis sent me some E-mails last week. He wasn't happy with my scepticism of
so-called 'studies' from IDC, which are commissioned by you-know-who. He tried
to also stick stereotypes to me (in public). All in all, he was polite, but
his attitude revealed an open source analyst who is passionate about one
thing: money. Some people still miscomprehended Free software.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
         run-level 2  2007-09-10 01:53                   last=