[News] Brasil Gets Free Software Boost from Minister Gilberto Gill

  • Subject: [News] Brasil Gets Free Software Boost from Minister Gilberto Gill
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 10:30:49 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Brazil's minister of culture calls for free digital society

,----[ Quote ]
| He called for loosening intellectual property regulations to give more people
| the freedom to use and republish digital forms of content as a way of
| encouraging personal expression, culture and political participation.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9786370-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Related:

Open source for students: 150,000 laptops may help bridge the digital divide
in Brazil

,----[ Quote ]
| This is an important step, nonetheless. When effectively deployed,
| these first 150,000 computers will help evaluate how to extend
| similar programs to all brazilian students -- no small feat,
| considering that there are more than 50 million students
| enrolled in brazilian public schools today.
`----

http://br-linux.org/brazil/?p=13

Brazil Schoolchildren To Get $100 Laptop PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva on Friday received a version
| of a $100 laptop computer to be distributed nationwide, and 50 were
| expected to be tested in Brazilian schools beginning next week.
`----

http://www.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGBL1G1JXUE.html

FSFLA frees Brazilian tax software

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://applications.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/11/1813251&from=rss

Brazil Schoolchildren To Get $100 Laptop PCs

,----[ Quote ]
| President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva on Friday received a version
| of a $100 laptop computer to be distributed nationwide, and 50 were
| expected to be tested in Brazilian schools beginning next week.
`----

http://www.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGBL1G1JXUE.html

EnabledPeople & partners deploys 50,000 Linux desktops in Brazil January 6

,----[ Quote ]
| BitWay Computadores, Imtech Brazil and EnabledPeople launch
| massive deployments of Linux PCs with preinstalled Linux XP
| Desktop software for Brazil goverment program
`----

http://www.enabledpeople.com/blog/2007/01/06/bitway-imtech-enabledpeople-had-deployed-about-50000-linux-desktops-in-brazil-since-september-2006/
http://tinyurl.com/yfy37p

E-Voting Raises New Questions in Brazil