[News] [Rival] Microsoft Surrenders to Windows XP Demand Because Vista is Unacceptable

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Surrenders to Windows XP Demand Because Vista is Unacceptable
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 09:35:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft extends Windows XP's stay

http://www.news.com/Microsoft-extends-Windows-XPs-stay/2100-1016_3-6210524.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/3ct9pj

Microsoft Extends XP Sales to June 2008

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070927/microsoft_xp.html?.v=1

Is Windows XP too good for Microsoft’s own good?

,----[ Quote ]
| For my part, I can’t help but wonder if Vista finally and irrevocably pushed
| Windows into the same category as Microsoft Office, meaning that the cost and
| potential risks of upgrading have come to outweigh the benefit of new
| features in the eyes of many customers.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=759

The Office risk is now formally confirmed by the way:

Microsoft Excel Fails Math Test

,----[ Quote ]
| He said Excel was actually performing the calculations correctly, but when it
| comes time to show the answer on the screen, it messes up.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070927/microsoft_excel_bug.html?.v=1

Related:

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq