Re: [Rival] Microsoft Starts 'Collecting' in China, Fights 'Naked PCs'

____/ George Orwell on Thursday 27 September 2007 21:07 : \____

> John Bailo, Texeme.Construct wrote:
>
>> On Sep 27, 3:59 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>> > China's GOME agrees to sell Windows-installed PCs
>> >
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > software, with 80 | percent expected to be pre-installed on
>> > computers.
>>
>> Sending Microsoft to harass the Chinese is a good idea.
>>
>> Hampering them with Windows will slow down their economy and thus put
>> a brake on Global Warming.
>
> And lead poisoning.
>
> It's "for the children" ya'know. ;)

Not always. Sometimes it's "because of terrorism" or "threat to national
security".

> I do have to wonder though, given the fact that a huge volume of spam
> and dictionary attacks on popular services comes from the .cn TLD, how
> force feeding Winblows to more Chinese citizens is going to impact the
> signal to noise ration on the net.

That's what blacklists are maintained for. What is desperately needed is an
open system like spamcop that others can make use of. Google, for example, is
very selfish when it comes to sharing the list of blackhat SEO/scam sites.

> I don't see how it could ever be considered a GoodThing(tm).

Of course it's a good thing (GoodThing(tm))... for the 99 percentile, which is
wealthy and filthy rich. They need people's PCs to go out of commission and
new servers to be bought to handle more garbage packets. Media moguls don't
mind having computers burn, burn, burn and consume those CPU cycles that DRM
requires (about 40% elevation, IIRC).

> Il mittente di questo messaggio|The sender address of this
> non corrisponde ad un utente   |message is not related to a real
> reale ma all'indirizzo fittizio|person but to a fake address of an
> di un sistema anonimizzatore   |anonymous system
> Per maggiori informazioni      |For more info
>                   https://www.mixmaster.it

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source
 22:00:02 up 17 days, 20:06,  5 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.75, 1.11