Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Destroys the Web Every Time It Touches It

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:06:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft has recently admitted that poor support for standard was deliberate.
> This is not surprising if you read some of Microsoft leaked memos (and
> antitrust exhibits).

What?  Why do you feel the need to lie about things like this?

>> [3] IE now allows competition, mostly because it had to,
>> not because it wanted to.  Mozilla's usage is now up
>> to over 20% by a number of accounts.
>
> I still believe that's partly because Microsoft tried to freeze advancement in
> Web browser technology. The Web was a threat to Microsoft's desktop apps,
> which only ran on Windows. When Microsoft elbowed Netscape (illegally) it sent
> its IE developers to the refrigerator (or Maui). That's why competition is
> needed. We could have that Ajax and Web 2.0 hype over 5 years ago.

We *DID* have AJAX 5 years ago, And guess what?  Itw as invented by
Microsoft.  It just wasn't aclled AJAX then, it was just a technique
Microsoft used in Hotmail that others, including Google, copied.