Re: [News] DRM is Dying Along with Its Shops (Classic New Example)

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 25 September 2007 22:25 : \____

>> Virgin drops Windows Media-based music download service
>
> That's not the only thing they dropped:
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20070917_virgin.shtml
>
> Eventually /all/ multimedia will be delivered in a media-less format, so
> physical retail stores may be redundant, unless they can somehow change.

Well, storage still requires some form of media (e.g. flash/HDD), but I agree.
I've been paperless for years as well... there's a lot and many which has/have
to accept digitisation of everything that can be digitised. DRM is scary in
this context. It is a threat to culture. OOXML poses similar types of fear,
not to mention proprietary codecs.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Avoid missing ball for higher score"
 00:05:01 up 15 days, 22:11,  6 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.51, 0.98