[News] Linux KVM's Big Plans Revealed

Qumranet reveals reason for all that KVM work

,----[ Quote ]
| Given how much time and money it had sunk into KVM the Linux-based,
| open-source virtualization project, it's not a surprise that that
| stealth-mode start-up Qumranet was working on virtualization. But until
| Monday, the company refused to say just exactly how.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9783918-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Windows runs unmodified (becoming a Linux 'slave').

Related:

Increasing Virtualization Insanity

,----[ Quote ]
| For sysadmin types this means: do what you have to do with Xen for now. But
| keep the investments small. For developers this means: don't let yourself be
| tied to a platform. Use an abstraction layer such as libvirt to bridge over
| the differences. For architects this means: don't looking to Xen for answers,
| base your new designs on KVM.
`----

http://udrepper.livejournal.com/17577.html

Kernel space: KVM virtualization layer progress

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux virtualization frenzy has a new challenger: the
| simplified virtualization technology, KVM, has made it
| into the standard kernel.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps the most interesting outcome of all this, however, is how KVM is
| gaining momentum as the virtualization approach of choice - at least for
| contemporary and future hardware.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/011607-kernel.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Virtualization begins to materialize in the Linux kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| Virtualization, the ability to run multiple "virtual" systems on a
| single host, is nearly as old as solid state computing. But it's been
| all the rage again in recent years, with more than a dozen large-scale
| Linux virtualization projects -- and while they require special
| custom kernels, patches, and software, the first steps toward
| OS-level virtualization have been implemented in the Linux kernel.
`----

http://specialreports.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/12/19/053225&tid=136&tid=91

Linux KVM Virtualization Performance

,----[ Quote ]