Re: [News] [Rival] Did Microsoft's Stealthy Updates Break Windows?

____/ Rick on Monday 24 September 2007 23:10 : \____

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:28:17 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Rick on Monday 24 September 2007 21:44 : \____

>>> coincidence_wga_failures_followed_windows_update_381.html

>>> without.html
>>>
>>> great... so people won't be able to get computers with Linux installed
>>> either...
>>
>> Don't worry. It has gotten easier to install. I have spoken to some
>> important sources in the UK and similar legislation is in the works
>> here. :-) Parliament meeting next week..
>
> I'm not sure it is a good idea for the general public to have to install
> their operating systems.

This will definitely urge software makers to make their installers (products)
better. Yes, that includes Microsoft because Windows is not easy to install.
It misses a lot of needed drivers.

When was the last time you installed a Linux distribution (no tease intended)?
I installed one which was released in April and it was 'stupid easy'. My
parents, who are not computer-savvy at all, could do this trivially. I played
some games while the installer was running. All worked well.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Tasks: 132 total,   1 running, 131 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie