[News] "One of the More Exciting Times" for SCO is Bankruptcy

  • Subject: [News] "One of the More Exciting Times" for SCO is Bankruptcy
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:35:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
SCO's Finances May Come Crashing Down

,----[ Quote ]
| In August, Darl McBride, The SCO Group Inc.’s president and CEO, declared
| it “one of the more exciting times” ever for the software vendor. But by last
| week, the excitement had taken on a whole new dimension.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=303613&intsrc=news_ts_head

Related:

Q&A: McBride says SCO isn't dead yet, despite legal loss

,----[ Quote ]
| He even invoked Apple Inc.'s comeback from business problems and said that
| his company has an opportunity for a similar turnaround.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9034798

SCO Tried to Gag Groklaw in 2004

,----[ Quote ]
| So SCO tried to gag Groklaw beginning in 2004. It moved on to
| false insinuations to journalists, ugly innuendo during a conference
| about me and Groklaw, having friendly journalists with PIs try to
| dig up dirt on me, a massive astroturfing campaign all over the
| internet, and then finally to intimidation with their recent motion.
| Well, I'm gagging, all right, but not in a good way, and certainly
| not in the way SCO hoped.
|
| I will respond like this, seriously for a moment. This is America.
| I am an American citizen. I was born here, born to certain rights
| as my birthright. I'm allowed to cover this litigation without
| being harassed and intimidated or threatened or gagged. I'm
| allowed to present facts that disprove SCO's public allegations.
| I am allowed to write what I believe is the truth, and I'm
| to present research about the allegations.

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.html