[News] Ubuntu Gutsy Linux Approaches Release, New 2.6.22 Kernel Released

  • Subject: [News] Ubuntu Gutsy Linux Approaches Release, New 2.6.22 Kernel Released
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:18:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu: One More Release, Yet More Polish

,----[ Quote ]
| I upgraded my laptop to the latest Ubuntu Gutsy Gibson a few days ago only to
| be greeted with an additional feel of polish and goodness. Read more for our
| mini preview.
`----

http://www.osnews.com/story.php/18656/Ubuntu-One-More-Release-Yet-More-Polish/

New kernel just released:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.22.7.tar.bz2

Related:

Ubuntu Gutsy will come with Compiz

,----[ Quote ]
| Anyway, in a Technical Board meeting yesterday it was decided that we will
| have Compiz enabled by default in Ubuntu 7.10, barring any obscene blowups
| before the beta.
`----

http://topicpulse.com/articles/article/ubuntu_gutsy_will_come_with_compiz/

Introducing the Gutsy Gibbon