Re: Exodus at SCO Has Already Begun, SCO Blames Linux

> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 21 September 2007 12:31 : \____

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Friday 21 September 2007 09:24 : \____

>>> You know, Darl got a bonus/raise just shortly before SCO announced that it's
>>> dying, so to speak. I'm not kidding. Remember Mr. Hovsepian's stock options?
>>>

>> George W Bush did a load of insider trading whilst his dad was president,
>> at least according to a BBC Programme I saw recently;  I presume this is
>> what Microsoft held up to his temple as a loaded gun, when persuading
>> "The President" that Microsoft should be let off the hook for their
>> monopoly abuse;  I presume they threatened to make a big deal about his
>> insider trading if he didn't let them continue to abuse the market.
>>
> Europe is accused of being political when it fact it is Microsoft and the US
> that broke the rules of ethics and turned this technical dispute into
> politics.

Well, it is political, though.  The problem with politics is that it
includes anything and everything, because it's all about people and
their financial interests.  Open-source is political - it hugely impacts
business models, and acts against corruption (easy money), so it
inevitably gets a lot of detractors.  Abusive monopolists like Microsoft
can only continue to abuse if the governments allow them to, but George
W Bush has such a checkered history (including the insider trading noted
above), that he couldn't stand up to any organisation with lawyers.

The EU seems to be somewhat less corrupt in this area, but don't look
too hard at expenses claims, or the common agricultural policy...