[News] Another Sub-$100 PC is Planned

India's take on the '$100 computer' gets U.S. venture funds

,----[ Quote ]
| Novatium says that its machine costs about 500 rupees a month, including
| Internet connectivity, software and hardware. That's about $12.44.
`----

http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9782444-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

It's likely to run Linux, of course.

Related:

HRD hopes to make $10 laptops a reality

,----[ Quote ]
| So far, the cost of one laptop, after factoring in labour charges,
| is coming to $47 but the ministry feels the price will come
| down dramatically considering the fact that the demand would
| be for one million laptops.
`----

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/TOIonline/India/HRD_hopes_to_make_10_laptops_a_reality/articleshow/1999849.cms

Another $100 PC is here, but what is inside?

,----[ Quote ]
| NetPC comes with a monitor, keyboard, mouse, a Linux operating
| system (and free open source software), an access device (for
| accessing the Internet), and connects to a server over a local
| area network and offers some free entertainment.
`----

http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=7684c55c-ebc6-4a97-a9e4-3a94722352b9&&Headline=Another+%24100+PC+is+here%2c+but+what+is+inside%3f
http://tinyurl.com/yoqabk

Made in India PC for just about $100

,----[ Quote ]
| While global computing giants like IBM and AMD are yet to give
| shape to their ambitious plans for a computer that costs 100
| dollars or less, an Indian company has already set its eyes on
| 10 million potential customers with its up-and-running PC
| priced at Rs 4,500 only.
`----

http://www.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=85690

France caters to market for the most simple of computers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/04/02/technology/neuf.php