[News] Windows/Microsoft Fan Whines About Vista, IE7

Dapper DEP Drops In but Won't Leave

,----[ Quote ]
| NX bit support is common among modern operating systems, including Linux and
|                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| Mac OS X (on Intel processors). On Windows Vista, Microsoft extended
| hardware-enabled DEP to Internet Explorer. In my testing, DEP-enabled IE 7 on
| Windows Vista leads to fairly frequent browser crashes, particularly with
| some plug-ins.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/security/dapper_dep_drops_in_but_wont_leave.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Recent:

My Lack of Confidence in Vista SP1

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/my_lack_of_confidence_in_vista_sp1.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2rbmls

My Lack of Confidence in Vista SP1

,----[ Quote ]
| News Commentary. While troubleshooting a friend's Outlook woes, I found
| Windows Vista Service Pack 1 ready for download and installation. I couldn't
| risk it.
|
| [...]
|
| My buddy loves Microsoft, but he detests Windows Vista. On Saturday, for the
| umpteenth time, he praised Microsoft while we were driving to pick up his son
| from playing paintball. See, my bookseller friend remembers trying to
| automate his business before there was DOS—how much it cost and how little
| benefit he got from the money spent.
|
| [...]
|
| He had no idea what was there. My buddy smiled: "Hey, I just do what they
| tell me," referring to Microsoft and the Office 2007 trial conversion.
|
| The computer had more pep after the software removal, but I haven't heard
| whether or not Outlook is behaving better. My friend is ready to move to
| another e-mail program; he asked about Mozilla Thunderbird. The bookseller
| had heard of the software because of Firefox, which his son had installed on
| the computer. Apparently, IE 7 also frequently crashes.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/my_lack_of_confidence_in_vista_sp1.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2rbmls

Retail Windows' Dim Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I thought I had seen the worst of the new PC-buying situation. I was wrong.
|
| On Saturday, we visited friends in Fredericksburg, Va., where I had chance to
| see, not one, but two miserable Windows Vista PC buying situations. Retailers
| share the blame with manufacturers and Microsoft, which should never have
| unleashed Windows Vista Home Basic (aka Windows Basic) on unsuspecting
| consumers.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/retail_windows_dim_vista.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Windows Me II?

,----[ Quote ]
| ...I'll say this: Over dinner last year, I told
| several Microsoft user interface designers that there were only two
| versions of Windows I liked less the more I used them: Me and Vista.
| They were mortally offended, methinks, but that remains my
| experience still.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/windows_me_ii.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

[Microsoft-watch dumps Windows for Linux]

The Dog House 205 Main St Collins IA US 50055   72.32.70.141    Linux
Apache/2.0.52 Red Hat    3-Nov-2006
The Dog House 205 Main St Collins IA US 50055   72.32.70.141    Linux
Apache/2.0.52 Red Hat   1-Nov-2006
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       3-Sep-2006
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       4-Jun-2006
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       9-Aug-2005
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    unknown 8-Aug-2005
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       28-May-2005
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   unknown Microsoft-IIS/5.0       27-May-2005
UUNET Technologies, Inc. 22001 Loudoun County Parkway Ashburn VA US 20147
63.87.252.160   Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       8-May-2004
RealNames Corp 150 Shoreline Drive San Mateo, CA 94065 US       63.87.252.160
Windows 2000    Microsoft-IIS/5.0       14-Feb-2003

http://toolbar.netcraft.com/site_report?url=http://www.microsoft-watch.com

Unimpressed by Windows Media Player 11

,----[ Bottom line ]
`----