Re: Flatf......uhhhhhh.. Moshe's continued fixation

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 27 March 2008 11:49 : \____

> Tattoo Vampire <sitting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
>>
>>> Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent
>>> Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent
>>> Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent
>>> Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent
>>> Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent Mark Kent
>>

> Wow, the stalking is reached some kind of epic proportion.

The Munchkins resorts to intimidation. They want him quited down. It means he's
effective and on the right topic.

A Microsoft Slur in the OOXML Saga -- Did I Tell You or Did I Tell You? -
Updated

,----[ Quote ]
| Remember I told you I've noticed that people who don't support Microsoft's
| agenda end up the victim of smear campaigns?
|
| The New Zealand Open Source Society is reporting that an employee at
| Microsoft New Zealand recently sent an email to one of the technical bodies
| advising an NB involved in the OOXML ISO process, smearing a man's
| reputation, Matthew Holloway, apparently to undermine his technical input
| which was critical of OOXML.

Ovitz details his dealings with Pellicano

,----[ Quote ]
| The onetime super-agent says he asked the private eye to get information on
| two reporters. One of them testifies tearfully about intimidation and her
| fear she was going to be killed.
|
| Opening a rare window on the inner angst of Hollywood, onetime uber-agent
| Michael Ovitz testified Wednesday that he hired private eye Anthony Pellicano
| to get embarrassing information on two entertainment reporters who were
| writing negative stories about him.
|
| [...]
|
| Prosecutors allege that Pellicano wiretapped, harassed and obtained
| confidential information about one of the reporters, and her complaint to
| authorities became the flash point of a five-year scandal that has fascinated
| Hollywood, culminating in his federal trial....
`----

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-pellicano10apr10,0,6067589.story

Tim Bray: Life Is Complicated

,----[ Quote ]
| Those with long memories might suggest a parallel between Rick’s position and
| mine when in 1997, I was sitting on the XML Working Group and co-editing the
| spec, on a pro bono basis as an indie consultant. Netscape hired me to
| represent their interests, and when I announced this, controversy ensued.
| Which is a nice way of saying that Microsoft went berserk; tried
| unsuccessfully to get me fired as co-editor, and then launched a vicious,
| deeply personal extended attack in which they tried to destroy my career and
| took lethal action against a small struggling company because my wife worked
| there. It was a sideshow of a sideshow of the great campaign to bury Netscape
| and I’m sure the executives have forgotten; but I haven’t.
`----

http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2007/01/24/Mixup

Microsoft wins Open XML vote, frowns at Indian panel

,----[ Quote ]
| Industry experts said they were "unhappy" with the Microsoft which has almost
| accused the committee of being packed with "open document format (ODF)
| supporters".
|
| "I am very upset and uncomfortable with such complaints. In fact, the
| chairperson of the committee (LITD 15) offered to step down over the
| allegation," D.B. Phatak, professor at IIT Mumbai, told DNA Money.
|
| IIT Mumbai is a member of LITD 15, and Phatak was part of the deliberations
| that have been taking place within IIT on the issue.
|
| Phatak said a Microsoft official was asked if it would withdraw the
| complaint, but the company refused as the "complaint was made by some higher
| officer in Microsoft".
|
| Jaijit Bhattacharya, country director of government strategy for Sun
| Microsystems India, a company that has been at loggerheads with Microsoft for
| years, talks in a similar vein.
|
| "I am surprised that such allegations are made against India's top academic
| and government institutions … such allegations lack credibility,'
| Bhattacharya said. Venkatesh Hariharan, co-founder Open Source Foundation of
| India said, "I am just amazed and shocked at the depths to which Microsoft is
| willing to descend."
|
| He said Microsoft's complaint is a "great disservice to the committee, its
| chairperson and the BIS".
`----

http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14636329

How to Royally Annoy National Bodies

,----[ Quote ]
| Guide to future monopolists on how to alienate yourself from National Bodies:
|
|    1. Waste NBs time in reviewing monstrous draft specifications
|    2. Claim that these specs can do everything for anyone by standardising
|    marketing material
|    3. If you don't get your way at a certain level, lobby the superior above.
|    Dont stop! Go all the way to the head of the nation if you think you can!
|    4. Leak press stories to journalists to pressure Ministries to make a
|    decision. Quick!
|    5. Try to shut down TCs if actual technical work is done revealing issues
|    with your plan
|    6. Question Question Question everything (process, fairness, the system,
|    members) when things dont go your way
|    7. Otherwise create another TC with friendly experts
|    8. If the NB allows new members just by paying membership fees, encourage
|    your business partners to join with marketing funds. Stack-stack-stack it
|    high!
|    9. Stalk decision makers, even if it means traveling around the globe with
|    them
|   10. Refuse changes in the spec especially if it breaks your product which
|   you released prior
|   11. Have private interviews with TC members in the guise of funding for
|   their new projects/research grants/interoperability initiatives and
|   conveniently talk about their position on your spec.
|   12. Get your Business Partners to write in form letters. Some don't even
|   bother to change the templates
|   13. Attend TC meetings uninvited by fabricating business cards
|   14. Send Lawyers in to Technical Committee meetings who prefer not to
|   engage in "high-school" debates
|   15. Make rude and inaccurate statements against TC members in public
`----

http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/2008/03/how-to-royally.html

Q&A: Former Mass. CIO feels 'bittersweet pride' after battles with Microsoft,
legislature

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012760&source=rss_news50

,----[ Quote ]
| Quinn:  Almost to a person, to anybody involved or who knows about
| the ODF issue, they attributed the story to Microsoft, right, wrong
| or otherwise. Senator Pacheco may be a bully but I do not believe he
| is disingenious and would stoop to such a tactic. Senator Pacheco and
| Secretary Galvin's office remain very heavily influenced by the
| Microsoft money and its lobbyist machine, as witnessed by their
| playbook and words, in my opinion.

http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=display&sid=20080331212042460&title=MS+shill+blogs---+Groklaw+unfair&type=article&order=&hideanonymous=0&pid=684674#c684703

MS shill blogs--- Groklaw unfair

Authored by: PJ on Tuesday, April 01 2008 @ 03:59 AM EDT

,----[ Quote ]
| boo hoo
|
| I don't do that. It's not well known. It's SCO
| that used to claim that, if you remember. I loved
| the moment when Darl said he liked Slashdot, because
| it was really free discussions. Hahahaha.
| Doug said that not because it is true but because
| Microsoft can't compete with decency, so they have
| to slime the other side. He did the same thing
| to Yoon-Kit, if you recall. Slime, slime, slime.
| It's what they do.
|
| I saw what Microsoft did to Slashdot. Any time
| you have moderation by the community, you open
| yourself up to hordes of Microsoft shills showing
| up and eventually taking over. Microsoft has
| too much money, and they can throw more and more
| troops into battle. That's the impression I formed,
| anyway.
|
| I don't want Groklaw ruined, so when I find
| what I believe are astroturfers
| and shills pretending to be FOSS people, I do
| throw their fannies over the fence. I give
| them every chance to cut it out and stay, but
| if they persist, they are outahere. It's in
| our comments policy, so it shouldn't be a
| surprise.
|
| I didn't know Doug was one of them, until now.
|
| That doesn't mean they can't read and comment
| but they can't do it as members, because Groklaw
| is for group work, and I really don't want
| people who are only here to disrupt to be
| members.
|
| I could tell you some stories. We even had a
| lawyer who had done work for Microsoft show up,
| pretending to be a community person.
|
| He didn't say he was a lawyer or that he was
| connected to Microsoft in any way, but I knew
| his name. So we had a private
| little discussion. I told him that he could
| express himself freely but only if he told
| all of you who he was here representing.
|
| Not one comment after that. I didn't expel
| him, but I was disgusted.
|
| We had a guy from CompTIA also. He pretended he
| was just expressing his personal views, not
| the company. So I mentioned that I doubted that,
| since he was posting from CompTIA. Again, no
| further comments were ever posted. With him too
| I didn't expel him or remove his comments, but
| I let him know that I expected him to be honest.
| That's what Groklaw is about. I don't think
| anyone has the right to come to someone's web
| site and play underhanded games.
|
| We have other Microsoft names you'd know who are
| members. I doubt they are here to participate
| in what we do. I don't out them, of course, as
| long as they stay within the guidelines for
| behavior here.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Those who can, Open-Source