[News] Of Volantis on GPLv3 and Free Linux-based Switches

Volantis Plants Open Seeds for Mobile App Growth

,----[ Quote ]
| And the really nifty thing about the Open Mobility Server? It's now wide
| open, licensed under the GPL v3.
|
| This is actually not new news... Volantis has had the software binaries
| available for download since November 2007. But they held off making the big
| announcement on the source code release until last week's Open Source
| Business Conference.
|
| [...]
|
| It's an interesting experiment in open source, seeding the market to see if
| more customers will grow. I'm planning on checking back with Volantis in a
| few months to see what's grown in their garden.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/080408-110507.html

An Open Source Class-Five Switch

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source projects have revolutionized operating systems, web servers, web
| browsers, and so why not carrier switches? The FreeSwitch open source project
| released its Release Candidate 1 (RC1) yesterday providing and by early
| accounts the software rocks.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Greenfield/?p=214

Recent:

Open Source Soft-Switch FreeSWITCH 1.0 Release Candidate 1

,----[ Quote ]
| I am happy to announce the immediate availability of FreeSWITCH 1.0 "Phoenix"
| (Release Candidate 1). The Phoenix symbolizes the rebirth of a new era and I
| hope this new release will be the first step in a new age of voice-over-IP
| development we can all benefit from.
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10484.html

Related and recent:

Volantis Opens Up its Mobility Server, Calls for Developers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://ostatic.com/158636-blog/volantis-opens-up-its-mobility-server-calls-for-developers