[News] Schneier on NSA Linux, Microsoft's Anti-competitive Pseudo-security

NSA's Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| So, do you trust it or not?
|
| [...]
|
| The packaged form of SELinux, as seen in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and other
| distributions, is already working.
|
| SELinux mitigations -- http://www.tresys.com/selinux.html -- 2 each for 2005
| and 2006, up to 4 in 2007 (including a big Samba vulnerability) and already 1
| in 2008. More here: http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/022408-selinux.html
|
| Posted by: Don Marti at April 8, 2008 02:09 PM
|
| [...]
|
| I trust it. It is GPL, has been reviewed by many, and it works. I think it
| should be the job of the government/NSA to help us secure our computers *in
| open and transparent ways*. It benefits the economy and the nation as a whole
| to have more secure infrastructure. I liken it to the national highway
| system. It is in everyone's interest both military and civilian.
|
| Posted by: Tracy R Reed at April 8, 2008 02:47 PM
`----

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/04/nsas_linux.html

Schneier suspicious of Microsoft's security vision

,----[ Quote ]
| Speaking at the RSA conference in San Francisco this week, a senior Microsoft
| executive sang the praises of the software giant's emerging vision
| for 'trust' based security, prompting one industry figurehead to label the
| strategy as "anti-competitive".
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/news/soa/Schneier-suspicious-of-Microsoft-s-security-vision-/0,339028227,339288056,00.htm

Recent: