Re: EXTRA! EXTRA! Erik gets the joke!

____/ Linonut on Monday 07 April 2008 20:47 : \____

>> ____/ Linonut on Monday 07 April 2008 16:43 : \____
>>> * Erik Funkenbusch peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Chris, they just try to poison you against me. Just plonk and ignore them.
>
> It's not gonna happen.  I develop my own opinions.  Some stuff you say
> doesn't make sense, or is obviously fueled by animosity.
>
> But you're not the only one, by any means.  Nobody's perfect.  And
> Microsoft deserves much of the flak they get.  They've no one to blame
> but themselves.
>
> Just keep posting interesting links, filter out the ridiculous or
> politically-motivated ones as best as possible, and keep your own
> emotional comments to a minimum.  If you feel the need to vent, make an
> original post with no quotes and make it clear you are venting.
>
> They'll still have material to wave around and to use in attempts to
> tarnish everything you say just because of a few errors, of course.
>
>> "Gathering intelligence on enemy activities is critical to the success of
>> the Slog. We need to know who their allies are and what differences exist
>> between them and their allies (there are always sources of tension between
>> allies), so that we can find ways to split ?em apart Reading the trade
>> press, lurking on newsgroups, attending conferences, and (above all) talking
>> to ISVs is essential to gathering this intelligence."
>>
>>                                 --Microsoft
>>
>> http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf
>
> I don't think I've ever experienced a corporate ethic quite like
> Microsoft's.  It reminds me a lot of Scientology.  Arrogant,
> domineering, bullying, evangelistic, intolerant, and moneygrubbing.
>
> On the other hand, Microsofted-base developers are often enthusiastic,
> smart, sociable people, even if they tend not to notice good
> technology unless it comes from Microsoft.

There are 'two Microsofts' I've been told. There's one which tries to be nice,
but another amazingly greedy and predatory core. Microsoft can never get rid
of that core completely. Another problem is that ex-Microsoft employees
sometimes end up in other companies (including Microsoft competitors) whom
they 'poison'.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: stop maintenance; get more actual work done
 04:00:01 up 19 days, 15:09,  4 users,  load average: 2.04, 1.66, 1.64