Re: [News] Windows Vapor Remark Confirmed to Be Vapourware as Microsoft Lackey Steps In

____/ Linonut on Monday 07 April 2008 12:57 : \____

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200804041717DOWJONESDJONLINE000969_FORTUNE5.htm

http://www.efluxmedia.com/news_Microsoft_Clears_Gates_Induced_Confusion_about_Windows_7_16026.html

>> By this stage, the media and readers have already swallowed the big lie. And
>> that's just a 'Microsoft schedule' (like "Longhorn ready in 2003").
>>
>> There's a word out there about it taking 3 more years, along with trouble
>> cropping up already... a codebase which is not maintainable.
>
> I wouldn't be surprised.  Gates' statement, though, is probably wishful
> thinking more than vaporware.
>
> I'll bet he can't wait to flush that Vista turd.

*sniff sniff*

Holy Crap: Did Bill Gates Just Say Windows Sucks?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/342920/holy-crap-did-bill-gates-just-say-windows-sucks

> He swears to do better (see sig).
>
> Before Paul and I started the company, we had been involved in some
> large-scale software projects that were real disasters. They just kept
> pouring people in, and nobody knew how they were going to stabilize the
> project. We swore to ourselves that we would do better.
> -- Bill Gates, Programmers at Work by Susan Lammers (1986) ISBN 0914845713

Saved for future use. *grin*

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows: backward-compatible, even for viruses
 15:05:01 up 19 days,  2:14,  4 users,  load average: 1.59, 1.68, 1.76