Re: 9000 PCs in Swiss schools will switch to Ubuntu only

ysdywmf wrote:
> "Holz" <holz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 23:15:22 -0500
>> Ignoramus20845 <ignoramus20845@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Beginning from next term, all computers at schools in the Swiss canton
>>> of Geneva will be switched to Ubuntu Linux only.
>> Yes, they got fed up eating shit. The French police did the same,
>> http://tinyurl.com/23cs4q
>> Schools that migrate here in the US, keep it quite. We
>> did a 400 node high school last month, and the Microsoft consulting
>> group we replaced went nuts. They tried to explain the school board
>> they are making a mistake, went to begging and ended up threatening.
>> Why?
>> Their annual tab was 160K! for software, installation and maintenance.
>> We guaranteed the school not to go over 50K, and did the migration for
>> 5K. The smart principal could not by pass.
>>
>> --
>> Jerry McGuire: Help me, help you...
>> :-)
>>
> The only reason anyone switches to Linux is because it is free not because
> it's better.
> You lying f*cking linsux lintards nedd to wake up and stop smelling your own
> shit you fucking dickhead losers.

It is too bad some people need to have their garbage mouths washed out with
soap. In addition to their lack of accuracy as to the facts, their emotional
troubles should be confined to their therapist's offices and not
demonstrated in public.

In particular, I switched to Red Hat Linux and paid for it because it was
much better, not because it was free. I now run Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.1
that costs me $349 a year. I would not do this if I did not think it was
better. Having been in the computing field professionally from the late
1950s until I retired in late 1989, I have some competence in determining
which OS is better for the needs to which I must apply them.

 ^^-^^ 09:05:01 up 20 days, 14:07, 4 users, load average: 4.12, 4.27, 4.34