Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Source Code 'Leaked'

On 2008-04-07, Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

>>> Wow, you've just discovered a 13 year old joke, and in your typical
>>> narcissistic and self-absorbed fasion assume that because it's new to you,
>>> it must be new.
>>
>> Wow, those grapes must be a lot more sour than usual to set you off,
>> like a petulent child, about a joke you don't find funny.
>>
>> Have some more grapes, Erik:
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5lqvrz
>
> I see this little gem is still around, after years:
>
>  http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/31883120/how-do-i-close-a-dial.aspx
>
>    22-Mar-08 04:11:01
>
>    When I try to compose a new email I get a message that pops up and
>    says... "A dialog box is open. Close it and try again."  What is this
>    refering to?  How do I close this "dialog box" because I do not see
>    any box to close...
>
> With an MVP (Most Vociferous Person?) to tell 'im:
>
>    We cannot see your screen from here so it is hard to say.
>
>    Anyway; Tools-> Options produces a dialog box which has to be closed
>    before you can do anything. Another dialog box that has to be closed
>    before you can do anything is when prompted for a password in
>    Outlook.
>
>    Windows Logo key+M minimizes everything and shows the Desktop, press
>    Outlook on the Task Bar and usually any open dialog boxes will reveal
>    itself.
>
> That's some user interface MS Outlook still has.

The fact that it's survived so long is a genuine testament to that
"consistency" the Windummies preach about. Too bad it's one of the few
areas that have been consistent. Other than an overall, unsettling
crapiness, that is. That, and the same 30-year-old "humor" the brainy
Windolts try to convey ("We cannot see your screen from here..." ha ha
ha ha).

--
I do more work all day than some people do before 5 AM.