[News] GNU/Linux-based Eee Comes with Better Hardware Than Windows

CONFIRMED: Asus Verifies UK Pricing for New Eee PC SKUs

,----[ Quote ]
| ...our source told us that there would be two new SKUs, the Eee PC 900 Win
| and Eee PC 900, with the former featuring Windows XP pre-installed, 1GB RAM
| and a 12GB SSD for just £329 inc. VAT. More intriguing, though, was the
| latter new Linux edition, which we were told would house 20GB of storage and
| retail for the same price as the XP version.
`----

http://www.trustedreviews.com/notebooks/news/2008/04/04/CONFIRMED-Asus-Verifies-UK-Pricing-for-New-Eee-PC-SKUs/p1

Related:

2007's most important IT lesson is spelled with an Eee

,----[ Qote ]
| The Eee shows too just how out of date the 'is Linux ready for the desktop?'
| argument is. Yes it is. Anyone can pick up an Eee with its standard Linux
| distro - or with a number of freely available alternatives - and just use it.
| That alone revitalises the 'is this paid-for operating system value for
| money?' question.
`----

http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10006830o-2000331777b,00.htm?new_comment

Microsoft can't even give it away