[News] New Example of KDE4 Qt4-based Games, the Power of Kicker

Introducing KBlocks

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday I finally managed to finish the features I have planned for
| KBlocks, and it is now living in kdereview. If everything goes as planned, it
| could be in kdegames for KDE 4.1.
| And I realized I have never blogged about KBlocks until today! KBlocks is a
| single player falling blocks puzzle game that I started in Glasgow, during
| last year's Akademy. One of the purposes of the game was to serve as a test
| ground for APIs and technologies introduced in libkdegames for KDE 4 and Qt4
| as well. It has been very useful as a test application, where I could
| experiment with different methods of doing animation in QGV,
`----

http://piacentini.livejournal.com/6809.html

Kicker’s hidden tweaks

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE is one of the most popular and used desktop environments for Linux
| systems because not only that it looks very much like Microsoft Windows, but
| it combines ease of use, superb graphical design and new age functionality
| with high-end technologies of the Unix-based operating systems. Kicker is one
| of the core parts of the KDE desktop,
`----

http://tuxtraining.com/2008/04/04/kickers-hidden-tweaks/

Related:

KDE-Made Educational Software for Kids and Adults

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Education Project is developing high-quality software for the K
| Desktop Environment. Its primary focus is on schoolchildren aged 3 to 18, and
| the specialized user interface needs of young users.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2007/12/kde-made-educational-software-for-young.html

KDE 4: first hints of the kicker replacement

,----[ Quote ]
| I’m looking forward to see the new working system bar - and I’m especially
| looking forward to the possibilities of dragging&dropping of Plasmoids
| between the desktop and the system bar. Also I do really hope that the new
| base for the system bar is now flexible enough so that other developers can
| develop their own in the future!
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/08/27/kde-4-first-hints-of-the-kicker-replacement/

Old: