[News] [Rival] OOXML's Vendor Escalation; Microsoft Pal Samsung Busted for Fraud (Unrelated)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] OOXML's Vendor Escalation; Microsoft Pal Samsung Busted for Fraud (Unrelated)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 04:53:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vendor Escalation, Process Politicalization, and What Needs to Happen Next

,----[ Quote ]
| What needs to change:  Politicalization and the recognition of Civil ICT
| Rights and Standards is a game changer for standards development.  What this
| means is that we need to pay far greater attention to concerns such as
| balance, representation, and process.  For example, it would be no more
| acceptable for open source advocates to “stack” a committee than for
| advocates of a single vendor, or group of vendors, since all of these
| groups – and other groups not represented at all – have a stake in the
| outcome.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20080405104109438

Prosecutors question Samsung boss

,----[ Quote ]
| The boss of South Korea's Samsung Group has appeared before special
| prosecutors to be questioned over allegations of corruption at the firm.
|
| Lee Kun-hee, chairman of the company, the country's largest conglomerate, is
| being questioned in regard to an investigation that started in January.

They are close to Microsoft. Origami, RAM, USB solutions for Windows, software
patent deal for Linux. Perfect couple.

"Fucking Eric Schmidt is a fucking pussy. I’m going to fucking bury that guy, I
have done it before, and I will do it again. I’m going to fucking kill
Google."

                                        --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO

Related:

Samsung bribery scandal embroils politicians

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2007/11/13/samsung-bribery-scandal