Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Partner Backlash in the United Kingdom

> Microsoft partners want their pound of flesh
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| UK MICROSOFT partners have demanded a percentage of profits the vendor makes
>| from its direct sales venture to compensate for the loss of as much as a
>| quarter of their sales.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/03/microsoft-partners-pound-flesh

More Microsoft partner betrayal?

Microsoft using a push poll?

   It said at the time that its direct strategy would be a good
   opportunity for its partners. In evidence it produced a snippet from
   a survey it commissioned of 700 partners, which said they thought the
   direct sales strategy would be a good opportunity for them.

   Further details of the survey, however, reveal that it may have been
   designed with the sole intention of supporting the strategy. And
   partners do not think its coming up roses.

But it's not all bad for the partners, yet.  They still get to make
some revenue from "installing and maintaining Microsoft's Sharepoint
product in-house at its customers, with all the equipment sales and
hands-on money-earning potential that went with it."  And

   For now, it will only sell a basic version of Sharepoint online, so
   if any partner's need to modify the software, as they often need to
   do, they still get the sale. So Wallis is trying to persuade
   Microsoft to register him as an Independent Software Vendor selling
   add-ons for Sharepoint.

--
I'm sorry that we have to have a Washington presence. We thrived during our
first 16 years without any of this. I never made a political visit to