[News] New Opera Release; Renoise Finally Ported to GNU/Linux

[Opera] 9.27

,----[ Quote ]
| This release is a recommended upgrade for all those running the latest stable
| releases.
`----

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2008/04/03/9-27

Renoise for Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Several weeks ago a first vesrion of Renoise for Linux appeared.
|
| [...]
|
| The main features of Renoise 1.9.1:
|
|     * Tracker Interface
|     * Powerful Pattern Editor
|     * External Audio Recording
|     * Integrated Sampler
|     * Instrument Editor
|     * Mixer
|     * Built-in DSP Effects
|     * Track routing
|     * Automation.
`----

http://free-your-media.net/2008/04/03/renoise-for-linux/

Recent:

Kokkini Zita: The Audio Software Of Fons Adriaensen

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking at the software listed at Kokkini Zita it's easy to see where
| developer Fons Adriaensen's interests lie. He has written one of the best
| organ synthesizers for Linux, he has contributed to the LADSPA collection of
| processing plugins, and he has provided Linux sound researchers with some
| excellent tools for measuring and representing audio signals. He is also
| involved in improving Linux support for the Ambisonics technology of encoding
| and decoding multichannel audio.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/kokkini-zita-audio-software-fons-adriaensen

Why Vista sounds worse

,----[ Quote ]
| Changes to how the latest version of Windows handles audio playback has
| caused unexpected quality issues for musicians and consumers alike, reports
| Tim Anderson
`----

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/31/microsoft.technology

Related:

Music Notation Programs: Recent Releases

,----[ Quote ]
| A few weeks ago I promised to bring in some more general news from the world
| of Linux audio software development. Alas, my plans were ambushed by the
| happy intrusion of the release of Renoise for Linux, but I'm back on track.
| As promised, here's more straight reporting on the world of Linux sound and
| music software, starting with some news about recently released music
| notation programs.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/music-notation-programs-recent-releases

Free/Open-source Digital Audio Editors

,----[ Quote ]
| A digital audio editor is a computer application for audio editing or digital
| audio manipulation. Usually, a digital audio editor allows the user to record
| and edit audio, mix multiple sound sources/tracks, apply simple or advanced
| effects or filters, playback sound, and convert different audio file formats
| and different sound quality levels.
`----

http://junauza.blogspot.com/2008/02/freeopen-source-digital-audio-editors.html

Renoise For Linux

| On January 17 of this year the first beta release of Renoise 1.9.1 was
| announced. Along with new features and fixes for its Windows and OSX
| versions, this release includes the first version of Renoise for Linux. This
| is rather significant news: Renoise is a popular program, with an active
| community of developers and users in the Win/Mac music worlds, and a native
| Linux release has been a community priority. The wait is over, so let's see
| (and hear) what Renoise brings to the Linux audio software party.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/renoise-linux

Audio in Linux is awesome

,----[ Quote ]
| I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
`----

http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 1

,----[ Quote ]
| As a result of this inquiry I decided to revisit the Linux soundapps site and
| check up on the commercial sound and music software for Linux. This article
| reveals and ponders some of the results from that visit.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005835

Commercial Sound And Music Software For Linux, Part 2

,----[ Quote ]
| I hope this article has been enlightening with regards to the presence of
| commercially available sound and music software for Linux. Speaking
| personally, I'd love it if these programs were all free and open-source, but
| such decisions are best left to the programmers themselves. As mentioned,
| many of these programmers already contribute to the FOSS community.
`----

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005911

The Sound Of Linux 2007

,----[ Quote ]