[News] Free/Open Source Software a Hugely Significant Ingredient (50%) of All Software

  • Subject: [News] Free/Open Source Software a Hugely Significant Ingredient (50%) of All Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 02:19:01 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Palamida CEO : 50 percent of ALL apps are open source

,----[ Quote ]
| In fact, applications developed within the last five years – whether internal
| or external - include at least 50% open source software (OSS) and other
| third-party components.
`----

http://www.oss.itproportal.com/articles/2008/04/03/palamida-ceo-50-percent-all-apps-are-open-source/

Related:

We’re not thieves. We just can’t read contracts (McAfee and Open Source)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://blogs.itworldcanada.com/insights/2008/01/11/we%E2%80%99re-not-thieves-we-just-can%E2%80%99t-read-contracts-mcafee-and-open-source/
http://tinyurl.com/39pjml