[News] Fifth Beta of Firefox 3 Released and Already Reviewed

Firefox 3 Beta 5 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 Beta 5 is now available for download. This milestone is focused on
| testing the core functionality provided by many new features and changes to
| the platform scheduled for Firefox 3.
|
| Ongoing planning for Firefox 3 can be followed at the Firefox 3 Planning
| Center, as well as in mozilla.dev.planning and on irc.mozilla.org in
| #granparadiso.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/application/16585/firefox-3-beta-5-released

Firefox 3 Beta 5 is here, and reviewed

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 Beta 5, Gran Paradiso’s milestone #13 is here and the list of
| features and improvement it brings along is pretty long so let’s get started.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2008/04/firefox-3-beta-5-is-here-and-reviewed/

Recent:

My Lack of Confidence in Vista SP1

,----[ Quote ]
| News Commentary. While troubleshooting a friend's Outlook woes, I found
| Windows Vista Service Pack 1 ready for download and installation. I couldn't
| risk it.
|
| [...]
|
| My buddy loves Microsoft, but he detests Windows Vista. On Saturday, for the
| umpteenth time, he praised Microsoft while we were driving to pick up his son
| from playing paintball. See, my bookseller friend remembers trying to
| automate his business before there was DOS—how much it cost and how little
| benefit he got from the money spent.
|
| [...]
|
| He had no idea what was there. My buddy smiled: "Hey, I just do what they
| tell me," referring to Microsoft and the Office 2007 trial conversion.
|
| The computer had more pep after the software removal, but I haven't heard
| whether or not Outlook is behaving better. My friend is ready to move to
| another e-mail program; he asked about Mozilla Thunderbird. The bookseller
| had heard of the software because of Firefox, which his son had installed on
|                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| the computer. Apparently, IE 7 also frequently crashes.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/my_lack_of_confidence_in_vista_sp1.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/2rbmls

Mozilla speeds up Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3.0, released this week, is dramatically faster than its predecessor
| and rivals, benchmark tests claim -- the result of hundreds of performance
| improvements designed to make the open-source browser the best at running
| complex Web 2.0 applications, Mozilla's chief developer said this week.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1185319451;fp;2;fpid;1

Firefox 3 Beta 4 is 5x faster than IE7, 3x faster than FF2

,----[ Quote ]
| The almost-but-not-quite-final beta of Firefox 3 (FF3 beta 4) is now
| available for download. The most noticeable improvement is speed. In some
| tests, it’s three times faster than Firefox 2 (meaning the test completes in
| 1/3 the time), and a whopping five times faster than IE 7...
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=548

Mozilla: Firefox 3 beats IE7 and Opera in memory tests

,----[ Quote ]
| Work done to plug Firefox's memory leaks and reduce its RAM profile has paid
| off, two of Mozilla's engineers said Friday, as they claimed that the newest
| beta of their open-source browser uses less memory than rivals such as
| Internet Explorer and Opera.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1368883081&rid=-50

Firefox 3 Memory Usage