[News] New Version of KDE4 Released, Linux 2.6.25 Reaches RC8

KDE 4.0.3 Release Announcement

,----[ Quote ]
| The KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of KDE 4.0.3,
| the third bugfix and maintenance release for the latest generation of the
| most advanced and powerful free desktop. KDE 4.0.3 is the third monthly
| update to KDE 4.0. It ships with a basic desktop and many other packages;
| like administration programs, network tools, educational applications,
| utilities, multimedia software, games, artwork, web development tools and
| more. KDE's award-winning tools and applications are available in 49
| languages.
`----

http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.0.3.php

Linux 2.6.25-rc8

,----[ Quote ]
| No cute April 1st shenanigans, just a regular -rc release that happened to
| come up today because I was waiting for the input layer oops-fixes to be
| ready and tested.
|
| I think the dirstat continues to be fairly informative, with arch/ and
| drivers dominating as usual. And within arch, a fair amount of the line
| noise are all those defconfigs. I wish we had some saner way of handling
| that, but apart from causing noise in the statistics there aren't any real
| downsides.
`----

http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2008/4/1/1318514

Yesterday:

Linux kernel developers have tripled in number

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Foundation (LF) has published a study on Linux mainline kernel
| development. According to LF, the number of Linux kernel developers has
| tripled since 2005, with many more companies contributing to the process
| (including, potentially, the latest new LF member, Adobe).

KDE 4 rev 790000: Better stability and performance

,----[ Quote ]
| This is another revision of the development version of KDE 4 environment.
| Lots of you have asked why it took me so long to publish this article. Well,
| I was just waiting for rev 790000, that’s all. I hope that your curiosity
| will be satisfied since there’s been a lot of changes to describe this time.
| I did my best.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-4-rev-790000-better-stability-and-performance/

KDE 4.1: Visual Changelog (rev 783000)

,----[ Quote ]
| You don’t always see this in the official changelogs but the KDE 4
| development is progressing in an extraordinary speed. After a deep look at
| rev 777000 we are presenting you a new visual review of changes made to KDE 4
| during the last couple of weeks.
`----

http://polishlinux.org/kde/kde-41-visual-changelog-rev-783000/

French police deal blow to Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The French paramilitary police force said Wednesday it is ditching Microsoft
| for the free Linux operating system, becoming one of the biggest
| administrations in the world to make the break.
`----

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU4Lq7tOR_WVOJLZ3IeRaIH03x6w

Federal Employment Office switches to Linux

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/102218