Re: ISO to announce Microsoft Open XML result Wednesday

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 01 April 2008 07:22 : \____

>> ____/ Rick on Tuesday 01 April 2008 02:16 : \____

>>> Is there really any doubt Microsoft will win?
>>
>> Win /what/? Bad reputation? It has done this already, so why not go for the
>> jackpot.
>>
>> Experts in this opine that Microsoft may come to regret these crimes. Other
>> jokingly say that people should be jailed, which is probably true, but
>> Microsoft is above the law.
>>

> I'm not surprised they're keeping this quiet.  I wouldn't mind betting
> that Microsoft were unsuccessful, so ISO are using today, All Fools Day,
> in order to try to squeeze some more votes from somewhere.
>
> BSI, the British Standards Institute, has been corrupted.

That's for sure, but Stephane informed me about this over a month ago when he
saw the 'smoking gun' reappointment. That's when I said openly (in a site
even) that BSI had been corrupted... even before I knew about the change from
a NO to a YES (without any reason given).

How can a corrupted national body like BSI be brought to justice? Can stuffers
be sentenced?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1510068k total,   225036k used,  1285032k free,   106204k cached