Re: [News] gNewSense and Gobuntu Might Merge to Make Better GNU O/S

* Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

>> Rethinking Gobuntu
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If that is the case, then I think it would be better | to channel
>> | the energy from Gobuntu into gNewSense.
>> `----
>>
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/gobuntu-devel/2008-April/000650.html
>>
>> That would probably be the right thing to do. [H]omer seems to have
>> played a role in this decision.
>
> I'm just glad Shuttleworth finally understands that his half-baked
> approach was a farce. I simply pointed out to him the inconsistency of
> pursuing a "radical implementation of freedom" that still clings to
> proprietary solutions. It seems that most of the Gobuntu contributors
> agreed with me, but our dissent was ignored by Canonical's closed-shop,
> so we left. No more contributors = no more project. Simple. I think we
> made our point.

Sounds like Shuttleworth respects choice more than do certain hadronic
trolls around here.

> AFAICT most of the volunteers switched to gNewSense. I'm pursuing my own
> solution based on Fedora.

   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/gobuntu-devel/2008-April/000657.html

   We always need help at gNS, and unlike commercial entities, there is
   no reason why we have to complete.  Let's just all work together.

--
People everywhere love Windows.
   -- Bill Gates