[News] Mobile Linux: Choice of Free Software, Phones, Networks

Open mobile OS efforts abound

,----[ Quote ]
| At least three industry consortia are attempting to ease development efforts
| for mobile application builders with Linux-based, open mobile operating
| system development initiatives. These efforts carry noble and productive
| intentions. But if there are multiple ones, leaving one "open" platform to
| differ from the next, will we be back to where we started?
|
| [...]
|
| Now, throw the recently announced Apple iPhone developer program and SDK into
| the mix. This initiative could be considered open from the perspective that
| nearly anyone can access the specs almost for free. Still, there’s just one
| platform (the iPhone) and, at this juncture, one mobile network (AT&T’s).
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/wireless/2008/041408wireless2.html?fsrc=rss-linux

Apple: a world without choice. Even Microsoft offers more choice.

Recent:

Hands On: Write applications for your Eee

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.itweek.co.uk/personal-computer-world/features/2213845/hands-write-eee