[News] Linux Officially Becomes a Secure RTOS

Finally, Secure Real-Time on the Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Finally, secure real-time scheduling on the Linux desktop can be become a
| reality. Linux 2.6.25 gained Real-Time Group Scheduling, a feature which
| allows to limit the amount of CPU time real-time processes and threads may
| consume.
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/cgroups-and-rtwatch.html

This might lead to 'proprietary Linuxes' getting replaces by Free ones. Good
times for Linux.

Yesterday:

Sweeping Changes in New Linux Kernel

,----[ Quote ]
| "The rate of change is also higher than almost any previous kernel release as
| well, and I think more developers and more companies contributed than ever
| before," he told InternetNews.com. Kroah-Hartman recently co-authored a
| recent study that found nearly 1,000 developers are now working on the Linux
| kernel, representing over 100 corporations.

"Real-time" Linux supports popular PowerPC SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista has ported its newest "real-time" capable embedded Linux operating
| system to a PowerPC SoC (system-on-chip) targeting secure networking and
| pervasive computing applications. MontaVista's Linux Professional Edition 5.0
| is claimed to offer the "first real-time Linux" for AMCC's 440EPx SoC.

MontaVista to Provide Real-Time Linux on AMCC Power Architecture CPUs

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Software has said that the company is partnering with chip maker
| AMCC to provide design teams and developers planning projects on Power
| Architecture platforms
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/embedded/11894/montavista-provide-real-time-linux-amcc-power-architecture-cpus

Concurrent Introduces Real-Time Linux Solution for Mission-Critical VME
Applications

,----[ Quoet ]
| At the heart of each iHawk solution is Concurrent's RedHawk Linux
| real-time operating system. Compatible with the popular Red Hat
| Linux distribution, RedHawk features high I/O throughput, fast
| response to external events and optimized interprocess communication.
| RedHawk is the ideal Linux environment for complex real-time
| applications.
`----

http://www.vmecritical.com/news/db/?5225

Paper compares real-time Linux, traditional RTOS

,----[ Quote ]